Wednesday 15 August 1984

Haarlem

From Berlin I had only to head westwards to return to Amsterdam. An image search tells me that the photos are of Haarlem. I have a recollection of making a short visit, walking from the station down the main pedestrian street to the other end, and then back, so it's plausible I did this on the last day of validity of my Eurailpass.


The Grote Kerk.


.


The main pedestrian street.
The last photo I took on the continent this trip, and possibly en route to Vlissingen where there used to be a ferry service to Sheerness. The better known ferry service was from Hoek van Holland (Hook of Holland) to Harwich, but I took the Vlissingen service because it was slightly cheaper. The ferry services have declined markedly since the completion of the Channel Tunnel in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment